TLC Options for Women is a life-affirming, non-profit organization that assists 35 affiliated Pregnancy Resource Centers (PRCs), in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. These Affiliates help people facing unplanned or difficult pregnancies by offering total and compassionate service, extending God’s love to women and men, and encouraging them to make the loving choice — the choice for LIFE. (Find a Center). TLC Options for Women helps support these centers and clinics achieve their mission by providing training for staff and volunteers, marketing assistance to individual centers and to the entire affiliation of centers , special grants, and more. One of our key roles is to help facilitate networking among the leadership between centers. TLC has been assisting this affiliation of Pregnancy Resource Centers and Clinics since 1974.
TLC Options for Women was founded by Sr. Jeanne Therese Condon in 1974 to advocate for the protection of human life from conception to natural death which purpose was based on her religious beliefs that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. It specifically existed to present to women and to society alternatives to abortion.
In 1975, the first Affiliate, University LifeCare Center, was established near the University of Minnesota. It was set up to offer pregnancy testing and pro-life counseling with referrals to pro-life physicians and agencies. From the beginning TLC and its Affiliates have warned not only of the horror of abortion but also the dangers of contraception and promiscuity.
TLC has grown from one center to 32 Affiliates at 35 locations, ranging from International Falls to New Ulm and from Superior, Wisconsin to Morris, Minnesota.
TLC Options for Women is a pro-life organization, dedicated to the belief that everyone has the right to life from conception to natural death.
Statement of Religious Purpose and Faith-Based Foundational Policies
The purpose, mission, and activities of TLC Options for Women remains grounded on this organization’s and its directors’ religious belief that human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including all pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect and value all human life.
Therefore, TLC Options for Women has established the following religious and faith-based principles to which we adhere:
1) Every individual has the right to life from the moment of conception until natural death.
2) TLC Options for Women and its Affiliates do not perform abortions, nor refer for abortions, but offer alternatives to meet the physical, emotional and financial needs of all concerned.
3) We promote fertility awareness and education regarding the effects of contraception because we care about the health of women, men, and children. Artificial birth control methods and sterilization are incompatible with the TLC philosophy and shall not be encouraged, provided, or dispensed.
4) We promote chastity and sexual abstinence for single people. We promote chastity and natural family planning for married people.
5) We will strive to provide services to anyone, regardless of ability to pay.
6) Doctors and other medical professionals who are participating with any TLC Center are in agreement with the above policies and practices.
Helping Pregnancy Resource Centers & Clinics
TLC fulfills its mission by offering services to a network of affiliated pregnancy care centers whose focus is to reach out to women with unplanned pregnancies.
These services include:
- Staff, volunteers, Executive Directors, & Board Members
- Offering marketing help
- Individual center consultations; Promotion of all TLC PRC affiliates, Maintenance of TLC client website & client social media
- PRC Management support
- Networking opportunities – Quarterly meetings; Outside speakers for educational enrichment
- Financial support
- Special grants to centers; Pay for PRC membership fees for national organizations; Group Insurance help
- Maintaining philosophy and policies
- Common mission; Communication of legal requirements
- Assisting with the start-up of new centers
- Start-up funding for new centers; Organizational help
- Increasing the TLC network of centers
What our Affiliates are saying about us:
“We are a more effective center because of the services TLC has provided for us.” Liz Blanchard, RN, Executive Director, Northfield Women’s Center
“Our center would exist in the absence of TLC, but we would not thrive. Our struggles and vulnerabilities would be greater, and our impact would be less.” Mandy Fleming, Executive Director, First Choice Clinic- Red Wing