Apple Valley – Pregnancy Choices
Bi-Lingual Life Coach (fluent in Spanish)
The Life Coach provides coaching to clients that ensures life-affirming support and transfer of life skills resulting in self-advocacy, confidence, and self-efficacy. The Life Coach meets with clients in an individual setting, and, using a prescribed framework, the coach allows clients to uncover how they think, act and make decisions; identify barriers that prevent positive life changes; and develop goals and accountability structures. The Life Coach connects clients with appropriate resources and provides learning opportunities that will deepen the client’s knowledge base in such areas as parenting, finances, pregnancy health, and other related topics. The Life Coach maintains a respectful and collaborative working relationship with all PCLCC staff and volunteers based on the Committed Ways of Being©. The Life Coach will help fulfill the mission statement of PCLCC by utilizing the most current information and striving always for greater proficiency and excellence in each of our service areas.
Time Commitment: Non-exempt part-time position .8FTE
Location: Center in Apple Valley, as well as off-site meetings or appointments as applicable.
Supervision: Client Services Director
- Meet with assigned clients to conduct coaching sessions in an environment that is authentic and free from agenda, motivational techniques or personal witness.
- In coaching sessions, actively use the Vital Behaviors and Coaching Competencies reflected in PCLCC’s coaching framework.
- Be educated and informed on the most current factual information and strive always to become more proficient regarding the topics or issues that intersect with crisis pregnancy counseling, basic pregnancy health, parenting education, post-abortion counseling, and other related counseling topics.
- Participate in ongoing training and mentoring sessions with experienced coaching staff within the PCLCC organization and/or in other organizations with which PCLCC has secured a training and mentoring relationship, i.e. Learning Journeys International Center of Coaching.
- Maintain client coaching records and complete all file updates following client sessions in a timely manner.
- Participate in confidential coaching staff meetings to monitor client progress and effectiveness of coaching sessions.
- Contribute toward a collegial and cooperative collaboration among all staff to ensure appropriate and productive internal client referrals among the three levels of support services (i.e. education, life coaching and group coaching or other specific groups designed for pre or postnatal care).
- In conjunction with the Director of Personal Support Services, identify specific coaching clients who may be good candidates for internal referral to the partner programs provided for by grants.
- Participate in all training and staff meetings associated with the Client Intake Process. Understand and abide by the Client Intake Process and consistently adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Maintain a respectful, helpful, working relationship with all PCLCC staff, volunteers, and board members.
- Respect and maintain organizational and client confidentiality at all times.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of Total LifeCare Centers, PCLCC, and all laws, rules, regulations, standards and best practices appropriate to the position
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications: Fluent in Spanish
Agreement with PCLCC Values and Approach:
- Commitment to PCLCC organizational values. We believe in: the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way; and the importance of addressing the needs of the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – when providing services.
- Dedication to pro-life belief in the dignity, sanctity and worth of every human life. We do not perform or provide referrals for abortions. We do not recommend or provide artificial contraception. We promote healthy choices regarding sexuality that both honor the dignity of the human person.
Professional: Effective interpersonal and communication skills, basic computer skills and knowledge, and organizational aptitude.
Education: Minimum two-year Associate Arts degree and 2 years related experience, preferably in life coaching, social services, or family services.
Personal: Able to empathize with those in distress and give practical assistance; strong coaching and active listening skills. Ability to work with a diverse client population. The ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
- Life Coach Practitioner Certification with Learning Journeys, the International Center of Coaching
- Total LifeCare Center, Inc.’s 13-hour training program
- Training and materials regarding social services and client referrals
- Orientation to PCLCC resources and on-the-job training with the Client Services Director
- Hourly, part-time to full-time work week as a non-exempt employee
- Paid personal time off and holidays as outlined in current PCLCC policies
- Professional development, including ongoing life coaching training as approved by the Client Services Director and Executive Director.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter of application, resume and three references to email@example.com
Job Posted: 4/2/2018
Forest Lake – Lakes Life Care Center
Director of Client Services
20 Hours per week – 3 to 5 days a week.
- Overseeing and supporting volunteers
- Overseeing clients
- Overseeing Center Programs
- Implementing policies and procedures
- Working with clients
- Compiling statistical data
- Performing general office work.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience working or volunteering at a pregnancy center
- 2 to 4 years of post-secondary education
- Have a counseling background
- Be personable
- Have a good rapport with clients and staff
- Familiarity with the Forest Lake area is also beneficial.
Cover letters and resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-464-0262 with questions
Job Posted: 4/11/2018
Forest Lake – Lakes Life Care Center
Nurse / Nurse Manager
Job Title: Nurse/Nurse Manager
1 day per week at 5 hours
Summary: Manages, and coordinates the operations of the medical programs of Lakes Life Care Center by performing the following duties personally or through staff following the ANA Code of Ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Helps set nursing schedules, adjusting hours as necessary.
- Orients new medical personnel and assures that training and education needs of personnel are met.
- Monitors continuing education for Nursing Staff and Volunteer Medical Team Members.
- Coordinates nursing care to help ensure that nursing care is carried out as directed and treatment is administered in accordance with the medical director’s standing orders.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the medical department’s policies, goals, and objectives with the Executive Director and Medical Director.
- Participates in the development and modifications of the organization’s medical programs.
- Participates in infection control and quality assessment activities and analysis.
- Participates in appropriate department committees.
- Directs preparation and maintenance of clients clinical records.
- Performs limited obstetrical ultrasounds on clients.
- Performs STI results appointments with clients.
- Works with center director on clinic needs.
- Performs follow up with pregnant clients, to access any continuing needs and helps find resources as needed.
- Researches needs in community for possible medical expansion.
Directly supervises 1-10 employees/volunteer in the Medical Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Exhibit a strong commitment, understanding and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity.
Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Mission Statement, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and policies of the Clinic.
Education and/or Experience
Registered Nurse with either a 2 or 4 year degree and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Trained in Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound or willing to receive training.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current RN License
- Current BLS Certification
- Current Driver’s License
- Ultrasound Training Certification
- Periodic Re-Evaluation of Ultrasound Competency
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or call 651-464-0262 with questions
Job Posted: 4/11/2018
Little Canada – Women’s LifeCare Center
A pregnancy resource center making a positive impact in the lives of pregnant and parenting mothers in our local community for over 35 years. Our mission is to strengthen families and empower women to overcome obstacles surrounding their pregnancy by providing free life coaching, parenting, prenatal & maternal wellness services. Our vision is a community where all parents embrace the value of human life and rise to meet the challenges of pregnancy and parenthood.
The Development Manager is responsible for building and maintaining a major gift catalogue of donors and prospects to meet the financial goals of Women’s Life Care Center. This position will concentrate efforts in our local service area. The right person must be comfortable with a multi-faceted ask to include current fundraisers and donation activities, grant writing and other giving campaigns when necessary. The Development Manager must leverage the skills and duties of WLCC staff and volunteers to achieve goals and increase donor engagement. A large part of this position involves the willingness and ability to interact and meet “face-to-face” with donors and prospects.
- Grows a major gifts program to secure funding for current budget and future initiatives.
- Solicits major donors to support our services through personal contact, building ongoing and long-term relationships and encouraging major donors to increase their giving;
- Identifies potential corporations and foundations to contribute through endowments, trusts, donations of gifts-in-kind, or bequests, and establish methods of transferring funds to benefit both donors and the organization;
- Partners with Community Outreach Advocate to execute events related to donor stewardship and building our donor base;
- Networks with local community and church groups;
- Manages and expands current major donor projects/fundraising campaigns;
- Tracks all activities with assigned donors, prospects and volunteers using Salesforce tools and database;
- Provides monthly reports to the Executive Board;
- Engages with Graphic Media Manager in developing marketing materials for these campaigns by researching, preparing and writing a variety of messages used to inform and attract donors around specific issues and/or giving opportunities;
- Optimizes grant seeking process, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements;
- Supports and promotes the agency’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- 2+ years’ experience in campaign and/or major gift fundraising, or high-level customer service;
- Ability to build relationships to further Development goals;
- Track record of success in building and increasing financial support from managed prospects or sales portfolio.
Based upon agreed hours, experience, qualifications and commitment -Benefits: PTO
Send Resume to: Jacinta Lagasse, Acting Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Savage – ICU Mobile in the Twin Cities
ICU Mobile Twin Cities is a Christian non-profit pro-life mobile medical facility. Our mission is to GO to women who are at the crossroads of decision, providing and referring them to physical, emotional, and spiritual resources necessary to make the choice for life.
Mobile Operations Coordinator
We are seeking a mobile operations manager to oversee administrative, volunteer, and operations support to our mobile team. Duties include recruiting, training and scheduling volunteers; implementing a life coaching program with our clients; overseeing mobile maintenance; and identifying and developing relationships with community agencies and services. For a complete job description, please visit www.icumobiletc.com/jobs
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job Posted 1/1/2018
St. Croix Valley – Options for Women
Part-time Client Advocate
Position Summary: In cooperation and coordination with the Executive Director, the Part-Time Client Advocate assists with all client services and programs and related policies and procedures; and serves as a lay advocate for clients (including pregnancy testing and STI intake when requested by client). The Part-Time Client Advocate will maintain a respectful, helpful, working relationship with all Options for Women staff and volunteers and will help fulfill the mission of Options for Women by utilizing the most current factually accurate information and being knowledgeable of each of our service areas.
Time Commitment: Part-time, non-exempt position; typically 23 hours per week (or up to 40 hours per week as negotiated in specific instances with the Executive Director). Currently looking for a Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule availability.
Supervision: Executive Director of Options for Women St. Croix Valley
- Serves clients requesting services or access to Options for Women programs following established policies, procedures, and protocols; and performs pregnancy and STI testing as needed.
- Provides advocacy to clients, utilizing the most current factual information and being proficient regarding the following topics or issues:
- Unplanned Pregnancy
- Post-Abortion Resources
- Adoption Resources
- Basic pregnancy related issues
- Sexual Risk Avoidance
- Contraception methods and their effects
- Natural Family Planning and Fertility Awareness
- Sexually Transmitted Infections and Diseases (STIs and STDs)
- All other educational resources available to clients
- Refers medical questions or concerns pertaining to clients to the Nurse Manager. refrains from ever offering any medical advice to clients.
- Maintains a respectful, helpful, working relationship with all Options for Women staff, volunteers, board members and the Medical Director
- Respects and maintains confidentiality at all times, except when required by law.
- Complies with the Options for Women Employee Handbook and all other Options for Women Policies and Procedures, and all laws, rules, regulations, standards and best practices appropriate to the position.
- Communicates as needed with Executive Director, and meets regularly to evaluate and manage policies, procedures, and/or client services.
- Assists Executive Director in fundraising and marketing duties as necessary.
- Networks with other pro-life client advocates and attends appropriate local pro-life training opportunities or conferences if possible.
- Networks with other social service agencies such that resources can be shared, we might have better visibility, and more abortion-minded clients are attracted to our center.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Agreement with our Values and Approach: Commitment to carrying out the pro-life Mission, Values and Vision of OFWSCV, in particular: no abortion referrals; no contraceptives dispensed or advocated. NFP promoted for married clients and abstinence for single clients. Must exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life and to sexual purity. Must agree with and be willing to uphold the Mission Statement, and all OFWSCV Policies and Procedures.
- Professional: Prior experience in a pregnancy help center preferred. Licensed mental health professionals preferred but not required. Exhibits strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, and possesses basic computer skills and knowledge.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and/or related experience preferred, minimum of high school diploma required. Preferred: counseling, social services, family services, life coaching , and/or previous non-profit education and/or experience.
- Personal: Able to empathize with those in distress and give practical assistance; able to maintain healthy boundaries, and active listening skills.
- Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
OFWSCV will provide the following on an initial and on-going basis (as needed):
- Orientation to OFWSCV and on-the-job training
- Training and materials necessary to serve as a Client Advocate, including the topics listed above needed to provide factually accurate information to clients.
- Training and materials regarding all OFWSCV Medical Services, Extended Services, and Policies and Procedures.
OFWSCV (and off-site meetings, appointments and events as applicable)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Based on Experience
- As a non-exempt position, this position is eligible for a wage equal to one and a half times the normal wage per hour for “overtime” hours, defined as hours in excess of 40 hours per week. However, overtime hours MUST be approved in advance by the Executive Director.
- Other benefits as outlined in the OFWSCV Employee Handbook.
IF INTERESTED PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Job Posted: 3/12/2018
St. Michael – Options for Women | Cornerstone
Options for Women/Cornerstone (the Center) is a life-affirming pregnancy resource and medical center, serving clients facing the challenges of an unplanned pregnancy. With respect and compassion, we provide free limited obstetrical ultrasound exams, pregnancy and STI tests, lay counseling, resources, material assistance and other appropriate services. Our assistance is tailored to the unique needs of the Wright County area.
The Executive Director applicant must be dedicated to the pro-life philosophy. The candidate must be an individual who maintains a consistent life-affirming philosophy while being committed to the Center’s mission, adheres to and promotes the Center’s policies and procedures; including, but not limited to, chastity for the unmarried and no referrals or positive counseling for artificial contraception or abortion. The Executive Director must express full agreement with the organizations Statement of Faith and help promote the sanctity of human life based on our biblical foundation. At all times, this individual will maintain high standards of professionalism and integrity.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership that will carry forward the mission of the Center. The individual in this position will oversee center operations, staff, client services, development and finances as described by the Board of Directors and the organization’s by-laws in cooperation and communication with Options for Women/Total Life Care (TLC) and other TLC centers. The individual will understand, implement, and execute policies established by the Board of Directors. This candidate will partner with the Board of Directors and represent the Center to area schools, churches, donors, businesses and the community at large. The individual will ensure the Center’s clients are provided superior services.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors (the Board)
TIME COMMITMENT: Part-time paid position (30 hours/week or .5 FTE)
Outreach to Community Partners and Clients (35%)
- Actively promote the Center to the community, build donor, sponsor and volunteer relationships, and drive vision
- Oversee social media updates/promotions
- Establish relationships in conjunction with the Nurse Manager with area churches, school nurses and administrators, youth groups, other supporting or competing organizations to ensure they understand the Center’s services and are comfortable referring potential clients to the Center
- Oversee design, printing and distribution of promotional pieces, including a monthly e-newsletter
Operations/Client Services (40%)
- Independently manage the day-to-day operations of the Center
- Delegate specific responsibilities to Nurse Manager and Client Services Director
- Monitor annual expenses to ensure compliance with the budget established by the Executive Director and Board
- Keep accurate financial records by maintaining a database
- Arrange for payment of bills with the Board Treasurer or Bookkeeper
- Maintain, comply and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures manuals
- Maintain the confidentiality of clients and ensure our staff respects and maintains the confidentiality of our clients and associates
- Interact with and provide service levels that meet or exceed our clients’ expectations. Ensure that each client leaves the Center with hope and opportunity to find a solution to their situation.
- Manage inquiries or calls outside our staff and volunteers’ training ensuring issues are escalated to the Executive Director and if necessary, the Board
Leadership/Service to the Board of Directors (25%)
- Propose new policies and procedures to the Board (operations, client services, volunteer staff policy/procedures, and counseling policies/procedures, etc.)
- Attend the Center’s Board meetings, Options for Women/TLC Board forums and trainings, and Executive Director meetings
- Develop and present annual strategic plans for the Center’s continued operation, expansion and visibility in the Wright County area
- Develop and propose continuous funding opportunities (fundraisers, grants, etc.)
- Provide reports, information, and recommendations and assistance to the Board
- Track, analyze and report to the Board on developments that may concern and impact the Center
The ideal candidate will have a solid pro-life commitment, strong business acumen, a heart for the vulnerable, experience utilizing social media, and minimum of two years related experience in non-profit administration, volunteer or public service work.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, human services, finance or non-profit administration or 5 years equivalent experience.
Experience: Demonstrated ability to exercise good and timely judgment in complex situations. Demonstrated ability for strong communications and influencing skills along with public speaking and writing. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies. Proven experience influencing others and building relationships. Proven experience in reporting to and working with a Board of Directors. Experience in creating and monitoring budgets and seeking best practices. Demonstrated ability and willingness to promote the Center to the community, build business, donor and volunteer relationships/partnerships, and drive vision.
Management Experience: Experience working in an environment requiring flexibility and managing change. A personable and inclusive management style that optimizes staff resources through effective leadership and delegation.
Other: Experience with QuickBooks, Constant Contact, MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Familiarity with HIPPA laws.
Travel: Will involve in-state travel to training sessions and forums.
If Interested: Please send a cover letter and resume to Chris Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted 4-16-2018
Wakota – A Guiding Star
Wakota – A Guiding Star Center is seeking an Executive Director to lead the pregnancy and family resource center in West St. Paul, MN. Wakota is the busiest of Minnesota’s Elevate Life centers and Minnesota’s only Guiding Star Center, with over 500 pregnancy tests performed last year. We have over 40 years experience in the community and are dedicated to offering life-affirming choices and effective practical support. We have extensive prenatal and postnatal support and training programming.
The Executive Director’s essential duties include: program administration, grant writing and management, strategic planning, fundraising, and overseeing and recruiting staff and volunteers. Applicants must be committed to the sanctity of life, including chastity and natural family planning. In addition to holding these personal beliefs, a proven track-record supporting these principles is crucial. In addition to strong interpersonal skills, applicants must have experience managing a team and building community relationships.
Executive Director must have supervisory skills and a bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience. Full-time preferred but part-time candidates will be considered. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send letter of interest and resume as soon as possible to email@example.com.
Job Posted: 3/22/2018