Stillwater- Project Life
In cooperation and coordination with the Executive Director, the Part-Time Client Advocate assists with all client services and programs and related policies and procedures; and serves as a lay counselor for clients (including pregnancy and STI testing, when requested by client). The Part-Time Client Advocate will maintain a respectful, helpful, working relationship with all Project Life staff and volunteers and will help fulfill the mission of Project Life by utilizing the most current factually accurate information and being knowledgeable of each of our service areas.
Time Commitment: Part-time, non-exempt position; 25-30 hours per week. Hours available Monday-Friday 10:00am -7:00pm. Ideally able to work flexible hours.
Supervision: Executive Director of Project Life
1.) Serves clients requesting services or access to Project Life programs following established policies, procedures, and protocols; and performs pregnancy and STI testing as needed.
2.) Provides lay counseling to clients, utilizing the most current factual information and being proficient regarding the following topics or issues:
- Crisis Pregnancy counseling
- Post-Abortion counseling and/or knowledge of resources
- Basic pregnancy health-related issues
- Chastity and abstinence counseling
- Contraception (birth control) methods and their effects
- Natural Family Planning and Fertility Awareness
- Sexually Transmitted Infections and Diseases (STIs and STDs)
- All other educational resources available to clients
3.) Communicates medical questions or concerns pertaining to clients to the Nurse Manager. Refrains from ever offering any medical advice to clients.
4.) Maintains a respectful, helpful, working relationship with all Project Life staff, volunteers, board members and the Medical Director
5.) Respects and maintains confidentiality at all times.
6.) Complies with the Project Life Employee Handbook and all other Project Life Policies and Procedures, and all laws, rules, regulations, standards and best practices appropriate to the position.
1.) Communicates as needed with Executive Director, and meets regularly to evaluate and manage policies, procedures, and/or client services.
2.) Assists Executive Director in fundraising and marketing duties as necessary.
3.) Networks with other pro-life client advocates and attends appropriate local pro-life meetings or conferences if possible.
4.) Networks with other social service agencies such that resources can be shared, we might have better visibility, and more abortion-minded clients are attracted to our center.
5.) Other duties as assigned.
1.) Agreement with our Values and Approach: Commitment to carrying out the pro-life Mission, Values and Vision of Project Life, in particular: no abortion referrals; no contraceptives dispensed or advocated; chastity promoted. Must exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life and to sexual purity. Must agree with and be willing to uphold the Mission Statement, and all Project Life Policies and Procedures.
2.) Professional: Prior experience in a pregnancy help center preferred. Licensed mental health professionals preferred but not required. Exhibits strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, and possesses basic computer skills and knowledge.
3.) Education: Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and/or related experience preferred, minimum of high school diploma required. Preferred: counseling, social services, family services, and/or previous non-profit education and/or experience.
4.) Personal: Able to empathize with those in distress and give practical assistance; strong counseling and active listening skills. The ability to navigate stairs and occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
5.) Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
Training: Project Life will provide the following on an initial and on-going basis (as needed):
- Orientation to Project Life and on-the-job training
- Training and materials necessary to serve as a Client Advocate, including the topics listed above needed to provide factually accurate lay counseling to clients.
- Training and materials regarding all Project Life Medical Services, Extended Services, and Policies and Procedures.
Location: Project Life (and off-site meetings or appointments as applicable)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage commensurate with experience
- Other benefits as outlined in the Project Life Employee Handbook.
To apply: Mail or email a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
713 County Road 5
Stillwater, MN 55082
Job Posted: July 6, 2017
St. Paul- Options for Women | East
We are dedicated to providing life-affirming alternatives through support and services to pregnant women in the East Metro area of the Twin Cities. Through a coach approach, our goal is to positively impact our clients helping them achieve healthy, lasting changes in their lives. We endeavor to help them overcome their personal struggles through education and relationships.
The Nurse provides pregnancy testing with options education, STI testing and treatment with women’s health education, and support the physicians in the Prenatal Care Program.
Time Commitment: Non-exempt part-time position Mondays and Wednesdays 12-6 (12-14 hours a week) plus (3-4 hours every other week) Tuesdays 4-7 during Prenatal Care Program
Reports to both the Executive Director and the Medical Director
Training: TLC Training, Orientation to Options for Women East, and on-the-job training.
- Expresses full agreement with OFWE’s Mission Statement and Policies.
- Willing to comply with policies and procedures of the clinic and work within the organizational structure.
- Is a strong team player who creates an environment of mutual respect and fosters cooperation.
- Has a sincere desire to reach out to abortion-vulnerable and abortion-minded women.
- Exhibits strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Exhibits strong commitment and dedication to sexual purity.
- Must possess a current nursing license, be in good standing with the State Nursing Board and function in accordance with the licensing board of Minnesota.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Maintains the clinic’s professional standards of care, following the ANA Code of Ethics and Minnesota Nurse Practice Act.
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Medical Director is responsible to assure that clinic functions, direct and indirect nursing interventions and practices are in accordance with the OFWE Medical Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Provides pregnancy testing and options education to clients.
- Screens clients for Necessary Services and provides education, resources, and referrals.
- Provides STI testing, treatment, and education to clients.
- Provides clients with education on the importance of early prenatal care, nutrition, smoking cessation, and alcohol’s effects on fetal development.
- Provides client follow-up and supports clients in accessing early prenatal care.
- Provides support both physically and administratively to the physicians in administering the Prenatal Program.
- Oversees patient follow-up per patient care-plan and standardized procedures.
- Teaches rotating quarterly classes on Prenatal Care and Newborn Care. The format is six week, one-hour classes. Curriculum and training provided.
- Provides and coordinates coverage for the prenatal phone line.
- Maintains regular attendance to all staff and medical team meetings.
HIPAA / OSHA Training
- Provides support to the Executive Director in providing staff and volunteers with an annual HIPAA and OSHA regulation training.
The Nurse receives an annual evaluation from both the Medical Director and Executive Director.
To Apply: please send resume and completed job application to Jennifer Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Posted: May 24, 2017
Woodbury- Woodbury Options for Women
Woodbury Options for Women is a life-affirming organization dedicated to serving women, men, and families facing the challenge of pregnancy, as well as issues related to sexual health. Our clients experience hope and encouragement through positive and life-affirming personal support services, education and resources. We provide first-trimester ultrasound examinations, pregnancy testing, sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing as well as youth outreach, material assistance, and other services. All services are free. We are an affiliate of TLC Options for Women, St. Paul, MN.
The nurse manager works cooperatively with the Executive Director and the Medical Director. She oversees and administers all medical services offered at the Center: pregnancy testing, STI testing and treatment, limited first-trimester ultrasound exams, and medical counseling during the course of medical testing.
The nurse manager is responsible for the direct oversight and supervision of all other nurses, whether paid staff or volunteer. She is also responsible for the training and supervision of all non-medical staff who perform pregnancy testing or STI testing.
Time Commitment: Part-time (10 to 15 hours per week)
- Administer limited ultrasound program.
- Perform limited ultrasound examinations (upon completion of appropriate training).
- Administer STI program and perform STI testing.
- Train and oversee all staff performing STI testing.
- Perform pregnancy testing.
- Train and oversee all staff performing pregnancy testing.
- Implement infection control policies and procedures.
- Maintain quality assurance by reviewing charts, performing chart audits, and annual review of staff compliance.
- Provide follow-up contact with clients when appropriate.
- Supply medical education and resources to clients according to need.
- Accurately document findings in client records and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Maintain a respectful and collaborative working relationship with Center staff and volunteers.
- Comply with all TLC medical Policies and Procedures, the TLC Standards of Practice as well as Woodbury Options for Women policies.
- Provide basic early prenatal education to clients with a positive pregnancy test.
- Provide accurate information regarding adoption, abortion and parenting to clients with a positive pregnancy test who are abortion- vulnerable or abortion- minded.
- Provide medical education regarding sexual health to clients with a negative pregnancy test.
- Explain basic information about female fertility and contraception to clients as needed and appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Agreement with and commitment to WLRC values: We believe in the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive compassionate support; the right to accurate information on life and health issues; the right to be seen as a whole person, with physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
- Dedication to the pro-life philosophy. This means that while we provide factual information, we never provide referrals for abortion or contraception. We promote fertility awareness and sexual abstinence for the unmarried and natural family planning for married people.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with current MN licensure in good standing with the MN Board of Nursing. Prefer at least a few years of nursing experience, ideally in a community setting, but not necessary. Prefer someone already trained in limited obstetrical ultrasound but will train the right person.
- Educational: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent. Completion of the National Institute of Family Life Advocates’ (NIFLA) Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound Course or equivalent (can be done after hire). Preferred: some experience in a Pregnancy Resource Center.
- Personal: Able to empathize with people in distress, and the ability to give practical assistance; must have good listening skills, strong client orientation and the ability to engage in a non-judgmental way with all client demographics and situations. Good interpersonal and communication skills are necessary.
- Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Must also be able to work independently and to seek consultation when needed.
- TLC Options for Women’s 13-hour training program. (Can be done after hire).
- NIFLA training (or equivalent) in Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound. (Can be done after hire).
- On-the-job orientation with current nurse, Client Services Coordinator, and Executive Director.
Location: Woodbury Options for Women is located at 1103 Weir Drive, suite 400, Woodbury, MN, 55125. 651-340-9062.
To Apply: Interested applicants should send their resumes to Sara Oakland Curl, Executive Director, at WoodburyOptions@gmail.com or directly to the center.
Job Posted: May 24, 2017
Forest Lake- Lakes LifeCare Center
The Nurse Sonographer cares for and treats patients in the center as directed by the Medical Director’s Standing orders and within the scope of practice outlined by the MN State Nursing Association and the ANA Code of Ethics.
Hours: 4 (one day per week), possible opportunity for more hours
Reports to: The Executive Director
Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life and principles of sexual integrity.
Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Mission Statement, Articles of Incorporation and the Policies of Lakes Life Care Center
Education and/or Experience – Two year RN Degree from a two-year college or university and one-year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Limited Obstetric Ultrasound training and documentation of competency
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current MN RN License
Current BLS Certification
Current Drivers License
Ultrasound Training Certification
Conduct intakes and assess patient needs and make nursing judgments that reflect safe nurse practices
Administers pregnancy tests, STI results and other duties assigned
Can perform Limited Obstetric Ultrasound-based on appropriate training, the direction of the standing orders from the Medical Director’s standing orders and AHWONN guidelines
Cleans instruments and equipment, and maintains stock of supplies
Maintain accurate patient records.
Responsible for reading and implementing the Medical Policy and Procedure Manual.
Training & Self Development:
Complete TLC and Heartbeat International trainings annually.
Attend workshops, seminars, and meetings as requested by Executive Director.
Stays informed of Heartbeat International and NIFLA policies and recommendations.
To Apply: Interested applicants should send their resumes by email to email@example.com or mail to Lakes Life Care Center directly.
Job Posted: April 27, 2017