Job Description: Office & Clerical Support
Elevate Life, is a life-affirming, non-profit organization that provides our affiliated network of pregnancy resource centers and clinics the support and services they need to thrive and help build up a culture of life in their communities.
Position: CLERICAL AND OFFICE SUPPORT
- FTE .5 Non-Exempt (20 hours/week maximum)
- Sick days and paid holidays as per employee manual
- Benefits as per hiring agreement
Direct Supervisor: Elevate Life President and Director of Development
• Actively manage donor record and database, including development and financial records
• Enter and track all donations received via all methods of donation, including online
• Prepare donation and pledge receipts, pledge renewals, thank-you letters and end of year documents
• Manage all incoming donor relations inquiries from all sources (e.g. phone, email, online, etc.)
• Prepare donor and fundraising reports and analysis as directed by the Director of Development and President
• Oversee annual fund mailings, including customizing/segmentation of lists and letters
• Follow up on all donation solicitation mailings with outbound calls to selected donors, as directed by the Director of Development
• Recruit and coordinate volunteers for all Elevate Life donor facing events
• Update website, assist with social media and utilize MailChimp for donor communication
• Manage event registration and provide clerical support
• Process affiliate insurance invoice and payments quarterly
• Other duties as assigned by the President or Director of Development
• Must be in agreement with the policy, philosophy, policies and mission of Elevate Life
• Experience in database management (SalesForce Lightning, etc.)
• Very high attention to detail, meticulous nature
• Excellent relationship management and communication skills
• Strong familiarity with the organizations financial development software (SalesForce, QuickBooks), expertise preferred
• Experience working with a non-profit would be helpful
• Ability to effectively coordinate and manage volunteers
• Ability and willingness to be available evenings or weekends on occasion
Agreement with Elevate Life’s organizational values and Approach:
We believe in:
• the inherent dignity, sanctity, and right to life of each person, from conception to natural death
• the right of women and men considering abortion to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way
• the importance of fertility awareness and education, and the effectiveness and dignity of natural forms of family planning
• the importance of every affiliate to address consistently the needs of the whole person –physical, emotional, spiritual, social, and economic –when providing services
• our affiliates, their commitment to excellence, and their power to change and save lives for the good of their communities
Professional: Attention to detail and excellent follow through. Strong work ethic and organizational commitment. Basic computer skills and knowledge, including proficiency in word processing, mail merge, spreadsheet creation and management.
Personal: Effective interpersonal and relationship management skills. Positive attitude and strong communication skills and style. Ability to effectively coordinate, manage and work productively with other team members. Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
• Elevate Life’s 13-hour training seminar.
• Orientation to Elevate Life and on-the-job training.
Location: Eagan, MN
To apply: Please email cover letter, resume and three non-family references (specify relationship) to Jane@ElevateLifeUSA.org with “Office Clerical Support Application” in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: Open until filled.
Posted: January 30, 2018