Job Description: Office Clerical Support
The Office Clerical position supports Elevate Life’s Development program by managing donor information and retention programs. This is a person committed to Elevate Life’s mission, adheres to Elevate Life’s policies and procedures, and maintains high standards of professionalism and integrity.
- FTE .5 (20 hours per week)
- Sick days and paid holidays as per employee manual
- Benefits as per hiring agreement
Direct Supervisor: Elevate Life Executive Director and Director of Development
- Actively manage donor records and database, including development and financial records
- Enter and track all donations received via all methods of donation
- Prepare donation and pledge receipts, pledge renewals, and thank-you letters
- Manage online contributions
- Manage all incoming donor relations inquiries from all sources (e.g., phone, email, online, etc.)
- Prepare donor and fundraising reports and analysis as directed by the Director of Development or Executive Director
- Oversee annual fund mailings, including customization/segmentation of lists and letters
- Follow up on all donation solicitation mailings with outbound calls to selected donors, as directed by the director of development
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for all Elevate Life donor-facing events
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Director of Development
- Must be in agreement with the philosophy, policies, and mission of Elevate Life
- Experience in database management
- Very high detail orientation, meticulous nature
- Excellent relationship management and communications skills
- Strong familiarity with the organization’s financial and development software, expertise preferred
- Experience working in a non-profit organization would be helpful
- Ability to effectively coordinate and manage volunteers
Agreement with Elevate Life Values and Approach:
We believe in:
- the inherent dignity, sanctity, and right to life of each person, from conception to natural death
- the right of women and men considering abortion to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way
- the importance of fertility awareness and education, and the effectiveness and dignity of natural forms of family planning
- the importance of every affiliate to address consistently the needs of the whole person –physical, emotional, spiritual, social, and economic –when providing services
- our affiliates, their commitment to excellence, and their power to change and save lives for the good of their communities
Professional: Ability to proactively create and effectively manage program and project plans. Attention to detail and excellent follow-through. Strong work ethic and organizational commitment. Basic computer skills and knowledge, including proficiency in word processing, mail merges, spreadsheet creation, and management.
Personal: Effective interpersonal and relationship manage skills. Positive attitude and strong communication skills and style. Ability to effectively coordinate, manage and work productively with volunteers. Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
- Elevate Life’s 13-hour training seminar.
- Orientation to Elevate Life and on-the-job training.
Location: Eagan, Minnesota